Repairs and Servicing
|We can service and repair most types of gas fired boilers, water heaters, fires and warm air heating systems.|
It is recommended for the efficiency and safety of your boiler that you have it serviced once a year. This keeps your boiler in good condition and saves you money long term. Most boiler manufacturers require you to have your boiler serviced every year to extend the warranty conditions (if applicable).
We carry the latest flue gas analyzing equipment so we can quickly test your appliance to ascertain how well and safely it is functioning and what (if any) action is needed to ensure it provides the best performance possible.
What does a boiler service include?
- A visual examination of the appliance and its flue to confirm that it is suitably located and installed correctly in accordance with all relevant regulations.
- An examination and cleaning of the combustion chamber, fan heat exchanger and burner, where necessary.
- An examination and testing of the appliance, all safety devices, components and controls.
- A check and adjustment of burner pressure and gas rates.
- Flue gas analysis test to ensure the correct air gas ratio and the acceptable level of carbon monoxide.
- Your service does not include the cost of repairing the appliance or replacing parts.
- When replacement parts are required we will give you a price for the repair before commencing any work.
|Landlords Gas Safety Inspection/Certificates|
The law requires Landlords to have an inspection and a CP12 certificate issued every 12 months for all gas installations in domestic rented out properties.
What does a landlords gas safety inspection include?
- A check on the gas supply and appliance for soundness.
- Check working pressures.
- Check the satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation.
- Test the flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion.
- Check satisfactory operation of all the safety devices.
- Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation.
- Report any defects to the responsible person.
Installing appliancesWe also connect or disconnect gas cookers/hobs/gas fires.
When having a new Kitchen do not let the kitchen fitter fit the new hob or cooker unless they are Gas Safe Registered. Always check the back of the Gas Safe Register ID Card to make sure they are qualified for the job being undertaken.